Steps to zero waste.
More than 6 out of 10 of us are already refusing plastic shopping bags, avoiding pre-packed fruit and veg, picking up other people's litter and avoiding buying bottled water.
Choosing to be part of the solution, you can act by:
- Avoiding products in plastic packaging (choose alternatives)
- Reducing where possible (opt for refills, remember your reusable shopping bags)
- Refusing plastics that escape as litter (e.g. straws, takeaway cups, utensils, balloons)
- Recycling what cannot be avoided
- Reusable coffee cup and water bottle
- Replace cling film with bees wax wraps
- Shop on the farmers markets for fresh produce or buy loose fruit and veg
- Visit bulk food store - you will love it!
- Pack your own lunch boxes for kids with home-made snacks
- Buy a good food processor and google for recipes (you will even start saving by cooking more)
- Always have spare shopping bags in the car
- Stop using straws or replace by stainless steel straw
Use action tracker to track your progress:
Do not buy it all!
You will only need essentials to start with!